UNDP has played a key role in strengthening democratic governance in Pakistan since 2003 by providing technical advice, and by building capacity and exchanging knowledge exchange with key Ministries, the judiciary, Parliament, and the Election Commission. With our support, the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) has launched a voter education campaign targeted at inclusion of youth and women, as well as a new voting results management system linking polling stations to the provincial and federal ECP offices for national and provincial elections this year. Our efforts are strengthening participatory federalism, enhancing good governance and accountability, and improving service delivery.
OUR WORK - DEMOCRATIC GOVERNANCE
Download the 2015 Project Briefs
- Electoral Cycle Support to the Election Commission of Pakistan
- Strengthening Democracy through Parliamentary Development
- Strengthening Participatory Federalism and Decentralization
- Strengthening Rule of Law in Malakand
News and Press Releases
- 18 Aug 2016:Cost-sharing agreement between UNDP and Balochistan government ensures continued assistance for refugee affected areas
- 17 Aug 2016:UNDP Pakistan launches the Suppliers Development Programme to support SMEs in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
- 12 Aug 2016:On International Youth Day, young people showcase their work through UNDP
Contact UNDP in PakistanMedia Enquiries Phone: +92-51-835-5600
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: +92-51-2600254-5
Pakistan One UN Programme Annual Report
Pakistan's One UN Programme (OP I) was signed on 4 February 2009 in the presence of the UN Secretary General and the Prime Minister of Pakistan. Initially for a two-year period from 2009 to 2010, OP I was extended until December 2012 by mutual agreement of the Government of Pakistan and the UN.