Development partnerships are at the core of all UNDP's programmes under the thematic areas of Democratic Governance, Environment and Climate Change, Crisis Prevention and Recovery and Development Policy. The work of UNDP Pakistan is made possible by the personal, financial, and professional commitments of its international and national partners. Our wide range of partners on development includes the Government of Pakistan, UN Agencies, donors and Civil Society Organizations. UNDP actively engages in an array of development partnerships with all stakeholders, both national and international, working together in all phases of the development cycle, from programme design, implementation, review and revision, to lessons learned and best practices.
The Government of Pakistan is UNDP's key partner in the design and successful implementation of development projects. This collaboration extends to all tiers of government from the local to the provincial and federal level. UNDP provides policy and institutional building support to the Government and develops programmes and projects that are in line with national policies and priorities.
UNDP also engages with civil society organizations (CSOs) at various levels, as partners in advocacy and implementers in the field. UNDP partners with CSO's to channelize the benefits of its development efforts to beneficiaries at the grass root level.
UNDP also works in close collaborations with the international community including UN agencies and other multilateral and bilateral development partners. As per its comparative advantage, UNDP plays a leadership role in Joint Programmes under the One UN. These Joint Programmes bring together resources and capacities of relevant UN agencies to better serve the development needs of Pakistan.
Our Federal Government Partners
- Ministry of Finance
- Planning Commisison of Pakistan
- Economic Affairs Division
- Election Commission of Pakistan
- Ministry of Inter Provincial Coordination
- Parliament/National Assembly Secretariat
- Ministry of Climate Change
- Ministry of Water and Power
- National Disaster Management Authority
Our Provincial/Regional Government Partners
- Government of Balochistan
- Government of Gilgit-Baltistan
- Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
- Government of Punjab
- Government of Sindh
- Government of Pakistan Administered Kashmir
- Federally Administered Tribal Areas Secretariat
Our International Partners
- Adaptation Fund
- Embassy of the Kingdom of Netherlands
- Embassy of Norway
- European Union
- Embassy of the United States
- Government of Japan
- Global Environment Facility
- Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation
- World Bank
Our Private Sector Partners
Our Partners in Urdu
For the Urdu version, please click on the following link:
PartnersGovernment of Pakistan
- 25 Nov 2014:Discussing federalism: Canadian, German federations a lesson for Pakistan
- 22 Nov 2014:World Peace Mushaira: A poetic homage to tranquility
- 22 Nov 2014:Pashto poetry session for peace held in Swat
- 21 Nov 2014:First International Pashto Poetry Festival Promotes Peace in Swat
- 17 Nov 2014:TEDx Islamabad – a gathering of great minds!