- To mainstream the SDGs in national and sub-national policies and development plans.
- To strengthen reporting and monitoring mechanisms for the SDGs.
- To develop a budgeting and financing framework for the SDGs.
- To foster integrated and innovative approaches to accelerating progress on priority SDGs.
- Provincial SDG frameworks developed with an agreed list of priority indicators, baselines and targets with a costed implementation and monitoring plan.
- Close coordination with local governments to build capacity and improve SDG implementation at district level.
- Regular monitoring and reporting of SDGs based on data collected through national surveys and innovative tools leveraging on latest technology.
- Support government in aligning budgetary and financing frameworks to SDGs and exploring alternative sources of financing such as impact funding, private investors and philanthropy to support implementation of SDGs.
- Engaging private sector to advance implementation of SDGs and support sustainable economic development.
- Innovation facility launched to promote new ways of accelerating progress on achieving the SDGs.
- Functional coordination with multiple stakeholders at federal and provincial levels and learning alliances on SDGs established to identify, analyse and consolidate best practices, and exchange solutions locally and internationally.
UNDP, in collaboration with Federal and Provincial Government has established national, provincial, regional SDGs Units for implementing SDGs in a localized approach. These Units serve as a platform for bringing together multiple stakeholders to coordinate and provide technical expertise to the local government in implementing SDGs.
Thematic steering / coordination committees developed in each province with representation of multiple stakeholders to discuss and mutually agree upon the SDG targets and priority areas for development.
The Federal SDG Unit in collaboration with the Planning Commission and UNDP developed the National SDG Framework – a guiding document that establishes SDG targets for Pakistan to achieve by 2030. The National SDG Framework has been approved by the National Economic Council, chaired by Prime Minister.
UNDP supported Pakistan Bureau of Statistics in a thorough analysis of data gaps for SDG indicators to align national surveys. Technical supported is being provided to include additional SDG indicators in next wave of national surveys.
Download the PROJECT BRIEF