- To mainstream the SDGs in national and sub-national policies and development plans.
- To strengthen reporting and monitoring mechanisms for the SDGs.
- To develop a budgeting and financing framework for the SDGs.
- To foster integrated and innovative approaches to accelerating progress on priority SDGs.
- SDG frameworks at national and sub-national levels developed with an agreed list of priority indicators, baselines and targets, along with a monitoring mechanism.
- National capacities and systems for data and reporting on SDGs established.
- Budgeting and financing frameworks developed to align existing resources to SDGs while exploring innovative financing instruments for SDG financing.
- Partnerships with the private sector established for enhanced implementation of SDGs.
- Innovation promoted to address priority issues hampering SDG implementation.
- Functional coordination with multiple stakeholders at federal and provincial levels and learning alliances on SDGs established to identify, analyse and consolidate best practices, and exchange solutions locally and internationally.
UNDP, in collaboration with Federal and Provincial Government has established national, provincial, regional SDGs Units for implementing SDGs in a localized approach. These Units serve as a platform for bringing together multiple stakeholders to coordinate and provide technical expertise to the local government in implementing SDGs.
Thematic steering / coordination committees developed in each province with representation of multiple stakeholders to discuss and mutually agree upon the SDG targets and priority areas for development.
The Federal SDG Unit in collaboration with the Planning Commission and UNDP developed the National SDG Framework – a guiding document that establishes SDG targets for Pakistan to achieve by 2030. The National SDG Framework has been approved by the National Economic Council, chaired by Prime Minister.
UNDP supported Pakistan Bureau of Statistics in a thorough analysis of data gaps for SDG indicators to align national surveys. Technical supported is being provided to include additional SDG indicators in next wave of national surveys.
Download the PROJECT BRIEF