- To provide sustainable access to safe water and/or sanitation services in communities in more than 10 countries;
- To apply community-based integrated active healthy living and disease prevention approaches to enhancing wellness of societies;
- To empower women and youth, improve education and generate job opportunities to build resilient communities.
The community confidence was instrumental. A number of community meetings were held with local stake holders to gain community confidence and to understand the optimum utilization of safe drinking water to improve health and hygiene condition of the area. This has provided easy accessibility to these cultural bonded communities who usually refuse any intervention within their communities. Throughout the project we successfully motivated and engaged the important stakeholders like community, government institutions, local government department, notables and local NGO’s like Concern for Children, Connect and Forum for Youth in project activities in the following seven union councils out of which 5 are from Karachi, 1 from Peshawar & 1 from Multan:
1. UC -4 – Gadap Town
2. Ittehad Town – Baldia Town
3. Madina Colony – ToraBora
4. UC Jam Murad Ali – Gadap Town
5. UC New Muzaffarabad Colony – Landhi Town
6. UC 26 Akhunabad – Peshawar
7. Old Galla Mandi – Multan
All 7 Solar Powered Water Filtration Plants have been handed over to the community. Key handing over ceremony has been arranged at 7 locations to officially handover the system to the community so they can run the system in a sustainable way. Written agreements have been signed by the community leaders earlier so they can know the functions and responsibilities to run the filtration plant.
- Improved access to safe drinking water and improved health conditions of the selected communities”
- Improved capacity of community members in the area of maintenance and operations of solar water filtration plants
- Increased awareness of commuity about the need to use safe drinking water and its impact on human’s health
Download the PROJECT BRIEF